Jazz Cats Tutorial

Hi there! I have another Stampendous! Blogstar tutorial for you. In today's post I talk about some of the little details and techniques that I add to many of my cards that give them that special Tobi-touch. 


Today's card features a couple of new stamps called Birthday Jazz Cats and All That Jazz




First let's talk about the image. Once I coloured it (today I used Distress Markers and a water pen on watercolour paper) I distressed around the edges with brown ink. You can see on the left side of the image panel it's warm, and on the right, just plain white. I rarely leave the edges white. 

I did it with the sentiment too: 



Then I added a little glitter with a glitter pen. Subtle, but that sax needed something... 



The background. At first I thought that this cardstock (Core'dinations) would be a perfect match with my image, but it just didn't work - so I used one of my favourite Stampendous! products: Shabby White Embossing Enamel:


I just dragged a VersaMark pad along the edges and doused it with powder. Whenever I have a cardstock or a patterned paper that needs a certain something, I try this - and it usually works! 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Adore this card, Tobi!! Your color and embellishment is so fantastic, and the bits of Fran•táge really do make the whole thing just sing together. Should have known you'd love the Jazz Cats! Great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!