Jazz Cats Tutorial

Hi there! I have another Stampendous! Blogstar tutorial for you. In today's post I talk about some of the little details and techniques that I add to many of my cards that give them that special Tobi-touch. 


Today's card features a couple of new stamps called Birthday Jazz Cats and All That Jazz




First let's talk about the image. Once I coloured it (today I used Distress Markers and a water pen on watercolour paper) I distressed around the edges with brown ink. You can see on the left side of the image panel it's warm, and on the right, just plain white. I rarely leave the edges white. 

I did it with the sentiment too: 



Then I added a little glitter with a glitter pen. Subtle, but that sax needed something... 



The background. At first I thought that this cardstock (Core'dinations) would be a perfect match with my image, but it just didn't work - so I used one of my favourite Stampendous! products: Shabby White Embossing Enamel:


I just dragged a VersaMark pad along the edges and doused it with powder. Whenever I have a cardstock or a patterned paper that needs a certain something, I try this - and it usually works! 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!