Addictive Personality....

I have a very addictive personality. It manifests itself in many ways in my life, but one of the most annoying ways is my reading habits.. I cannot simply read a book over 2 weeks at a leisurely pace, it's DAY 1, DAY 2, DONE!!! I hate it because I really can't do anything else while I'm immersed in a book because I AM ADDICTED to it.. So I've been absent recently because of this book:


It was a really tough book to read, but needless to say I could not put it down. I am relatively naive when it comes to the civil rights movement in the United States owing mostly to where I live  (Western Canada) where our population is mainly caucasian and more recently, asian. I hadn't met an African American person until I was 18 years old and went to college in Iowa. Weird, eh? I'm not saying I didn't know that the racism issue was/is bad, and this book didn't show me how bad it was and still is for many, many people, but I learned a lot from it, and I'm grateful for it.. I HIGHLY recommend this book. You won't be able to post to your blog or do any crafts until you read it from front to back.. Promise.

So here are a couple of cards I managed to make today:



Card #1:
Stamps: trendy trees (sentiment)
Paper: SU! Dsp, bazzill brown
Ink: pti snow white
Accessories: ribbon (may arts), silhouette digital cutter, white gel pen


Card #2:
Stamps: elzybells
Paper: cosmo cricket, bazzill
Ink: ranger - lamp black
Accessories: copic markers, liquid applique, tattered angels mist (chalk white)


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. wow 18 years old.....fabulous cards...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Too funny, I had to find you on the internet. I originally saw your comment on Facebook with the Silhouette post, then when I tried to click on to your site. NOTHING, so I googled your name. I am really knew to Silhoutte and want to see more and more! Love your cards, I am not a crafty person but just had to have this machine...

    I wanted to write to you to tell you I am reading "The Help" I just got it on Tuesday from my book club and I wrote the SAME comment to my friend when she asked me about it and I told her about the challenge in reading it, but I am REALLY liking the book.

    Anyway, I am saving your site, I know I can learn a lot from you.

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS in reading my post I found it is new not Knew, and the second spelling of Silhouette, I guess I was excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!