Embellish Challenge: featuring birds

I had to play along with this challenge because I love this color palette!
I have been enjoying my "summer vacation" (I put it in quotes because I am actually working at my LSS 4-5 days a week, and henceforth, NOT a vacation...) and have been reveling in the time I do have off! I have been scrapbooking like a mad-woman and I will show some of my layouts as soon as they're photo'd...

I looked through my stamps and didn't find anything that "spoke to me" so I went searching through my Silhouette folder looking for cuts and found the bird image, and the banner image. I "welded" them together, and this is what I got:


A little vinagey, a little classic, a little ME. It's quiet and peaceful, and I love it! The patterned papers are older Stampin' Up! designs that I've been holding on to, but I let them go for this card. I have been learning how to let go of a lot of my stuff with my scrapbooking knowing full-well that I am going to want tonnes of stuff when the fall/winter designs come out.. So move on over old stuff!!! I also used a brand-new SRM sticker for that perfect touch!

Thanx for looking!!

For local (Langley lower-mainland) stampers: 
I have ran an idea by a friend of mine who loves crafty stuff and she's on board, so I wanted to run it by you too! I want to do a monthly card night at my place, and I want to invite YOU! Similar to what some Stampin Up! demonstrators do, I would like to host a get-together with like-minded people, come over and make some cards with my stash (i'll have everything prepped) and have a good time. I will be doing this with my friend and hopefully her mom (are you in Doreen????) so please let me know if you wanna come over and play!! I will charge a small fee/card to cover expenses... So.. Leave a comment and I will get back to you with details... 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL card!! The colors just pop in contrast to the black!! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card!

    wish I were in your area, I'd love to come to a craft night. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bird on the banner is wonderful and topped across the lace? Perfect! I just love, love your card.

    Thank you for playing along with the Embellish challenge - I've been thrilled to be their sponsor this week. What a joy! I have one more giveaway on my personal blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's really easy for me, I'm in.
    I mean really easy, LOL.
    Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am away right now, but my mom and I would be interested. I am sure my sil too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have taken your classes at Precious Memories and would like to come to a home class... dhgagnier@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant! Love it! So glad you played along with us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh... I love that banner and lace!!! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!