Ombre Is The New Black

It is. It’s everywhere: fashion, hair, home decor, and of course crafts!

I featured this tutorial on the Stampendous! blog and I can't wait for you to see it! First off, I have to admit to always being a fan of ombre. I have always organized my supplies in ROY G BIV order AND light-to-dark so I guess you could say that I’m ahead of the trend. hahaha.. But really, this is a trend I feel like I can do!


  • Step one, I decided on a colour (in this case, orange) and I gathered my cardstock and found tones that worked with each other and organized them light-to-dark.

march18ombre1


  • To “jazz up” the layers a little bit I cut a fringe into the papers AND I added some Aged Gold Embossing Enamel to just the ends. How did I do it? It was easy, I just dragged the Boss Gloss dabber over the fringe and dunked it into the embossing enamel. Heat. Done. And so pretty, right?


march18ombre2


  • The cardstock looked a little plain to me, so I stamped a background pattern onto the layers with Versamark and the Cling Dream Text background stamp. I’m not usually a just cardstock person, so this helped me let that go a little..


march18ombre3

And there it is all assembled! I added a little sentiment from Agapanthus Thank You Perfectly Clear Set and tied a pretty gold bow and that was it. I think a pretty ombre background like this doesn’t need much else!

By the way, my inspiration for this card was  Here on Julia Stainton’s Blog! I fell IN LOVE with it!! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a cool effect with the embossing on the fringe edge. LOVE the ombre trend too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!