Inspiration Hit!

Phew. I would have to say that that was one of the longest weeks of school ever! It just seemed to drag on and on.... Last night I had my best friend and his hubbie over for some crafts and Wii, we never actually got to the crafts, but after they left I checked out SCS (as I always do) and found Stephanie's Inspiration Challenge and I started putting these cards together.



It was inspired by a piece of Etsy art and it just so happened I had some Basic Grey Papers with the exact same colour schemes rotting away in my stash! I altered the paper a little by airbrushing the circles, drawing the vertical lines, and inking the edges.

Special Technique: Another touch I did on both of the cards was add a sprinkling of UTEE. I have an oil painting from a local artist and she didn't glaze her whole work, only in random spots, so I did the same with the embossing powder. I literally sprinkled it on and heated it up from below!



Supplies:
Stamps: Crafty Secrets (Sentiment), PTI (Sentiment)
Paper: basic grey, neenah
Ink: ranger lamp black
Accessories: Black Pearls (Queen Bee), Brads, Utee, Silhouette die cutter, black pen

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. you never know where inspiration may come from but *wow* seriously!! You're cards are so intricate and different. I always look forward to viewing your posts and strive to one day be as versitile as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...love these...especially the chandie one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are seriously fantastic. Very unique and striking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the look of the embossing powder so tried it on a valentine I was making. I wondered why you heated from underneath. Sooo I tried it from the top and realized why as I blew embossing powder all over the kitchen.
    I understand now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Danell:

    Hahaha... Yah I guess you know how I found that out now eh??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!